Areas of Expertise
Scott works closely with the owners of S-Corporations, Partnerships, and LLCs in a variety of tax planning, tax compliance, and business consulting engagements. He has experience with a wide variety of industries, including: professional service organizations (attorneys, engineers, and other consultants), construction, real estate, oil & gas, coal, equine, transportation, and healthcare entities (physician and dental owned practices).
Scott holds an ABV (Accredited in Business Valuation) credential, and has performed numerous business valuations in merger & acquisition, divorce, and litigation settings. He also holds the CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics) credential and has assisted attorneys and expert witnesses with trial preparation, including forensic investigation, depositions, and pre-trial consultations.
Scott began his career in public accounting with Enderle Besten Dieruf, PLLC in December of 2009 and became a partner in the firm in January 2016.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting; Transylvania University, 2009
- Certified Public Accountant, December 2010
- Certified Fraud Examiner, December 2012
- Accredited in Business Valuation, January 2015
- Certified in Financial Forensics, February 2017
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Forensic & Valuation Section Member
- AICPA Tax Section Member
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- National Business Aviation Association
Significant Recent Professional Education
- AICPA National Tax Conference (Washington, DC) – annual participant (2010 – 2016)
- AICPA Forensic & Valuation Services Conference – multiple year participant
- Kentucky Society of CPAs Business Valuation Conference – annual participant (3 years)